We understand the impact that an insurance claim can have on your business and the importance of getting your business back to normal.

That’s why if you have a claim it’s our priority to work closely with you to have the matter resolved as quickly and as fairly as possible. From start to finish, we will represent you in negotiating with your insurer to ensure that an effective outcome is achieved.

What to do if you need to lodge a claim

If you have experienced a loss or incident which may result in a claim please contact us as soon as possible on:

Phone:             (02) 8203 4540
Email:               info@penderinsurance.com.au

and provide the following information with respect to the incident:

  • A description of incident
  • The date and time it occurred
  • Location where circumstances originated
  • An estimate of loss
  • The action being taken to minimise loss

Please take any necessary action immediately to protect your property from further damage. However do not attempt to repair any damage until instructed by us or the loss adjusters.

Damage to your own property
Please notify us immediately in the event you have a property damage incident. We will then contact your insurer and arrange for a loss adjuster to take whatever action is required.

Theft and money losses
If you have a Theft/Burglary related loss, or it involves the loss of money, the Police should be contacted immediately and details kept of the officer and station notified. Please also notify us as soon as possible.

Motor vehicle losses – own damage
For all accidents involving your motor vehicle/s, please immediately contact us or the nearest office of your Insurer.

If the vehicle immobolised or is not road worthy, it may be towed to the closest repairer capable of rectifying the damage.

Claim processing can be expedited if a completed claim form is left at the repairer’s premises before the Loss Adjuster’s visit.

Please contact us if there are any problems or delays in obtaining repair authorisation and we will assist.

Your policy excess is normally paid by you to the repairer upon collection of the repaired vehicle.

If the damage was caused by the negligence of an identifiable Third Party, your Insurer will normally endeavor to recover your excess and refund this to you.

Where a third party is involved, under no circumstances should any admission of liability be made.

Motor Vehicle – Personal Injury
In the event that personal injury occurs due to a motor vehicle incident, please contact us immediately. A separate claim form must be submitted to the Motor Accident Compensation insurer which we can assist with. A copy of the claim form should be lodged with this office for record purposes.

No further actions direct with any Third Parties should be undertaken without instruction from Insurers.

Liability and Professional Indemnity
Liability and professional indemnity claims can be more complicated than other claims. Please contact us immediately to discuss.

In general terms however, no admission of liability should be made to any party in any form whatsoever. All correspondence, writs, summonses and demands should be sent to us immediately upon receipt.

Want to speak to someone about this? Just call 1300 783 500

Send an Enquiry